Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why do we need a bag to hold our miniatures?

We as gamers and hobbyists like to take care of all our miniatures. Okay, some gamers and hobbyists couldn't care less about their models. Those who do like to take care of their painted or cool miniatures need a mode of transporting their models from point A to point B.


I personally started with a shoe box. As my models got painted I noticed they started chipping. Metal models would hit other metal models and then chip when I was carrying them in the shoe box. I needed a new way to transport my models. I switched to a tool box that had been working great for my friend. The only bad thing about the tool box was if you forgot to latch the top of the tool box down, there went all your models over the ground. Happened one too many times before I decided to make my first investment into an "official" miniature gaming bag.


I started shopping around and my friend had bought a Sabol bag that seemed to work great for him. I decided that I would do the same. The bag worked great but it was a little flimsy. I wanted something more sturdy and a little easier to remove the trays. My friend had the Sabol Mark 2 which was easy to take out the trays whereas I had the Sabol Motorpool and it was a pain to dig into my bag to get out what I wanted. I ended up getting rid of it to make my next miniature bag investment.


I made the decision of going all in and purchasing a Battlefoam 720. So far it has been great. Some of my gaming friends said that they would rather buy more models than buy a bag that costs so much money. I think I did the right thing but every gamer has their own opinions. Another person might be satisfied with another bag or just a shoe box. For me, the Battlefoam 720 made me feel that my nicely painted models were safe from harm.


Do we really need a bag to hold our miniatures or is it just a waste of money? Did I make the right choice in buying a Battlefoam 720?

No comments:

Post a Comment