Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Behind the Scene At Sayzo PART 1

About Rev:

I would like to give everyone the chance to get to know the "authors" behind Sayzo Reviews. I will start off by telling you a little about me. I have been collecting/playing 40k for just over 16 years. I collected the miniatures little by little during the 2nd edition and 3rd edition with a good friend of mine. We ended up
"playing" or at least what we thought were playing 40k but never really understood the rules. We mostly painted our armies. My friend, Tim, would paint a whole army (Eldar, Orks, Chaos, Tau) while I painted one miniature. I was a slow painter, and still am, but I am getting a little faster. I paid a little more attention to detail than he did but his armies looked great on the tabletop. Mine looked horrible because I had a sea of gray models with one model painted.

Some of my first painted models but were touched up recently.

During the middle part of 3rd edition we played and understood the basic mechanics of the game. We would play against each other rather than against other people from the local game store. Eventually Tim didn't want to play anymore (because he was into car racing in high school and didn't have anymore time for 40k) and my best friend (Dittmo) took the plunge into buying the fully painted Eldar army from Tim.

Part of my Tau army just before I got rid of it.

I left for an LDS mission in 2002 for two years and had Tim watch over my army. When I got back I started to paint more and more of my models because I wanted a fully painted army. My painting became better but only tabletop standard really but still didn't play much. I ended up buying the rest of the models Tim  had (Orks, Chaos and Tau) and sold all of them except for the Tau (because I made enough from selling the Orks and CSM that the Tau ended up being FREE). Dittmo and I wanted to get back into playing 40k once again. We started playing again in 2006 and have been playing ever since. I recently got rid of the Tau and picked up some Tyranids. I am currently playing Space Marines and Tyranids.

Dittmo will be the other "author" on the blog. I will let him talk about himself when he gets the time within the next week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment